Tuesday, January 28, 2014

DIYFish inserts, Malden families, and 365/30 oh my!

Hi everyone! It's absolutely positively frigid here and the sprogs are off school again. Delays and closures seem to be the norm lately, what with the subzero temps. Even the corgis have cabin fever, but the super-cold snow hurts their little paws. I've resorted to treating their feet with the paw wax that mushers use on sled dogs. Poor things.

I am still very happily moving along in my DIYFish inserts. Love them! I have successfully merged home and work into one binder (and now I have several binders I'm not using... sad face). I am thinking about using the larger box on the left page for work and keeping slightly more extensive records, but since the only thing I need from my work planner is to keep track of my daily obligations, I'm not sure it's necessary. Right now I've got my work to-do list in the bottom right box and it's working, but I'm opening to switching things up a little and seeing if it's better. I think I'll give it a try next week.

If anyone is interested I can share photos of before and after to see what my week looks like and how I'm handling information on each type of page. I'm not sure how much is too much, so please leave me some feedback.

I received an A5 Malden in ochre this past week, and I think my Malden family is almost complete. I will add a pocket in black, but I really don't think I'm interested in any of the other color/size combinations. I love the little mini and I'm on the lookout for card holders for it, so if anyone can point me in the right direction, that would be great. Here's a photo of my Malden family:

I've started the 365/30 lists. I'd been seeing things about the 365/30 idea on other planner blogs, Instagram, and Facebook, so I found a Facebook group for Philofaxy users and joined up. This is the description from the group:

This is the 30 days of lists/blog posts for people in the Philofaxy world! We all love making lists, and we all love our Filofaxes, so here are lists of lists you could make in your Filofax, or use as journalling prompts! :)

On the last day or first of every month there will be a new set of lists for the whole month published, in a document in the Files section of the group. There will be a notification on the Facebook wall.

Read the title to that list for the corresponding day, and you can make the list how ever you like. You can write it on a sheet of paper, write it in your Filofax, draw a picture, make a blog post, do a video, it's completely up to you, there are no rules, you can take the title how ever you want and be as imaginative with it as you like. 


 I have a Midori Travelers' Notebook that was begging to be used, so I decided to go ahead and do my 365/30 lists in the Midori. I'm enjoying it so far because there's very little pressure and most of my writing comes with at least a little of that. I think of the 365/30 lists as guided journaling, and at the very least I'll have a pretty cool journal to leave my kids. At best, I'll find it a great tool for relaxing and a little self-discovery, and, I have a feeling, a source of fodder for some fiction. So far it's been lots of fun. Here are some pictures of a few of the more interesting pages...
Left page: my five favorite childhood toys        Right page: my favorite subjects in school
Left page: music I would like to be able to play on an instrument       Right page: favorite desserts

Left page: favorite breakfasts              Right page: dream vacations

I'm still toying with the idea of making videos comparing the sizes of Filofaxes (A5, personal, compact, pocket, and mini) and different models. I've had some great feedback on my DIYFish video, so thanks very much for that!

I'm also doing my Plannernerds Photo Challenge on Instagram, so come check me out @vodkasoylatte.

Happy planning, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment